Wednesday, January 22, 2020

WHEN YOUR TRIP DOESN'T GO QUITE AS PLANNED: HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
(PART 2)
                     

PS- START READING FROM THE PREVIOUS BLOG AT THE BOTTOM PF THE WINDOW, THEN THIS ONE AND THEN PART 3(ABOVE)

Well, just like you read in my previous blog, "When your trip doesn't go quite as planned: here's what happened" this blog is a continuation of that. Now, coming back to the story....

Image result for flip switch old fashionedOur cab reached the hotel (technically, it was more like an inn) called "the meadow-lands river inn". even though the place was tiny, I loved the switches- they were those old-fashioned flip ones (shown on the right) The inn, had an awesome location- right next to a Walmart. If any of you guys don't know what 'Walmart' is, just google it out! If you guys want me to make a blog on 'Walmart', just say so in the comments!

Anyways, moving on:
After a whole day of rest, we headed on to New York city using an NJ Transit bus- all the way to bus station called Port Authority. After getting down, we headed off to the Hop On Hop Off buses. In case you are wondering what THAT is, it's basically a tour service wherein you buy tickets, get on the bus, and get off whenever you want to! Nice idea, right?

After this bus ride, we went to the ISS INTREPID AIR, SEA AND SPACE MUSEUM. Well, the most iconic stuff here are the legendary CONCORDE and the SPACE SHUTTLE ENTERPRISE!

Then there was the circle line cruise, that took you to the statue of liberty, Brooklyn bridge, etc.

Image result for rockefeller center viewImage result for rockefeller center view in complete fog at night










EXPECTATION 🠝🠝                REALITY🠝🠝
We tried going to the Rockefeller Center, which apparently was an observatory around 70 floors high(i guess) But due to the fog I mentioned in the previous blog, we couldn't see a thing! Seriously, NOTHING!! What a bummer!

The same happened when we went to the Empire State Building- only worse. First we went to the 70th floor observatory, where visibility was OK-OK. But when we went to the 82nd floor, there was nothing to see. Plus, there was a super-strong gust of wind- it was so strong I couldn't walk!- I thought I would fly away!😅😜
But thank goodness I didn't go to the 102nd floor- I would've flown away for sure!!😜😛

And then came the final problem- I just had gotten a headache! It grew worse and worse until we had to consult a doctor and that's when the news broke out- I had the Flu

There also was another problem with the flight back to DFW. That I'll tell you guys in the next blog!

And about my flu, that will come in the next blog too!

                                                                                                                                      

Thank you for reading,
Nandakishor Bejoy




No comments:

Post a Comment