Wednesday, January 22, 2020

WHEN YOUR TRIP DOESN'T GO QUITE AS PLANNED: HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
                                           

 Recently, I had visited a place recently during my USA trip, which is a dream city to live for many around the world. Plus, it's also known as "the big apple" or "the world's most exciting place" Yep, it's New York City I'm talking about! You all might consider me lucky, but to be frank, the trip didn't go as we planned it. Continue reading if you want to know more!

   We were on board Spirit airlines, from Dallas to La Guardia, New York. As we were coming to NYC after 10 exact years, (I was born in NYC and had lived there till 2009, I came back in 2019 (you do the math)) I was jumping around the plane with joy!(not really) 
   
   One of my wishes was to go on top of the One World Trade Center and see the whole city. I also wanted to visit the TWA hotel at JFK international. But both of these didn't come true. Again, continue reading to know the whole story.

  As we started our descent and the captain of the plane asked us to fasten our seat-belts, I was exuberant about seeing NYC after 10 years. 
   
  But I didn't even get a glimpse of it until we were like 100 feet from the ground! Honestly, I was disappointed- and to add insult to injury, our plane was asked to hold for something like a half-hour!

   As soon as we taxied to the gate, we rushed out of the plane to get our baggage. And we had to wait another half an hour before the first suitcase reached the conveyor belt.
  
  Trying our best not to let our mood ruin the holiday, we sauntered out of the airport, to hail a cab to Seacocus(I think that's the spelling. If it isn't, then could you guys write the correct spelling in the comments?), the place where we were staying. As the car chugged towards the hotel, I realized that you couldn't see half of most of the skyscrapers around- it was so foggy! "Well, there goes the plan of seeing the city from high up!" I said to my always-gonna-be-jovial dad. And one look at his face said that I was right.
                                                                                                                                               
Well, the next part of the story will be mentioned in part 2!

Thank you for reading,
Nandakishor Bejoy


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment